Sunday, November 25, 2012

MY Pennies!

Sometimes i have to run into a Convenience Store. I don't go often but sometimes i need to. They're expensive! Normally i don't pay no mind to the coin change, but in the last few years i do.... because if you look.... you could notice they don't give you the exact change. Sometimes i notice a penny or two short. Just a few weeks ago i was handed my change. Two pennies short. The guy sees me looking in my hand. "Do you want the pennies?" he asks. I laugh a little and say "Yeah, i put them in my granddaughters piggy bank"...and in my head i finish my statement "asshole"

This happens in random Convenience Stores and not all the time but... damn, those are my pennies and they add up and i DO put them in my granddaughters little piggy bank that eventually get deposited into her savings.
                                                 
At work, at the Coffee Shop. There's a small tip jar by the cash register. I have coins in there. And there are pennies in there. Sometimes a take-out customer will put their hands in there to get a penny or two. I tell them " I can take that 23 cents out of that quarter" that they have in their hand. They don't want to break that quarter. They want to use their two dimes and my three pennies. Why does everyone want my pennies!?

No comments:

Post a Comment