Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Quick Thinking

I take the bus to work. And boy, do i have some Bus stories. These poor bus drivers, oh what they go thru...  One for now... i am at the bus stop. Sometimes there's a person or two waiting as well. But this particular day, just the other day... there's a lady waiting, in her fifties, more. I have never seen her before.

I was on my cell phone when i was approaching the bus stop. Quick glancing at her, i noticed she is looking dead on at me. Fixing to hang up in a minute, i'm thinking... oh hell no. Why am i having this feeling she is going to walk over here. Still on the phone i am making sure i have about a good twenty feet distance from her... I WANT MY SPACE! 

Okay, i hang up. I'm not looking at her, i'm not looking at her, i'm not looking at her. Purposely looking WAY the other direction. Please don't bother me, please don't bother me, please don't bother me...i'm whispering to myself.

Here she is!  Both of us.... Hello, hello *smiles*  She has a question about the bus route and scheduling. Whew, i think. I am happy to tell her.   And we have a short conversation about the bus route and schedule. 

Okay, listen y'all... listen to what i'm about to say.... The topic on bus is turning into a conversation on her dance classes, what she bought at Walmart last night.... a day she had shopping for shoes about five years ago... etc.

                                             WHERE'S THE DAMN BUS!!!!! 

I'm going to be dealing with this all day at work!!!!  WHY do i have to deal with this now.... on my QUIET TIME??!!!  Why Lord whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Oh Lord Why?

                                        

Here comes the bus. Oh no. She's going to sit next to me. Oh hell no. Bus pulls up.  I INSIST...  NO MA'AM... AFTER YOU.  I practically  force her to get on first. Because you see.... wherever she sits.... i will sit very far away from. She sat towards the front. I walked my ass to the very BACK. That was quick thinking on my part. I'm surprised i had any thought ... with my temples pounding as hard as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment