Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dennis the Menace Episode Proves Me Right!


This scene from Dennis the Menace. episode Christmas Horse from 1960, proves me right!!! Regulars.... most regulars... many regulars think they're entitled to special service... special treatment...and special prices. In this day and age with the over-population and self-centeredness... you've GOT to be kidding.

Mr. McGuire: You've become one of my regulars. (five years)

Mr. Wilson... making conversation, hinting, leading up to a free or discounted special price....

Mr. McGuire... giving him the I know what you're trying to do look. "You hope to get another tree for .50cents?"

Mr. Wilson: (lmao) "Well of course"

Mr. McGuire: The price to you is $5.00

Mr. Wilson: I've always paid .50 cents...I've become a regular.

Mr McGuire: That's why I've had to keep my price up on Christmas Day... I can't afford all you regulars.

Mr. McGuire, feeling bad (a regulars intentions) "Well, I'll throw in a few sprigs and a mistletoe"

Mr. Wilson: (classic, lmao) "Well I should hope so, that's the least you could do. Next year I may give my business to someone else"  ..... Imagine Mr. McGuires relief. Sweet release from this stress causing, nervey, audacity.... soul torturer.

Thank-you Mr. Joseph Kearns (Mr. Wilson) and Thank-you Mr. Ernest Truex (Mr. McGuire) for this scene. Very well played!

And credit as well to writers William Cowley and Peggy Chantler Dick. I always wondered if this kind of idiocy went that far back... 1960.. at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment