Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Menopause - Ultimate Narcissist

Ultimate Narcissist. Menopause. The HOT FLASHES!!  This is the ultimate MONSTER. I've been suffering for almost ten years now. I HAVE NOT seen a doctor for this. I have been enduring AND dealing with it for almost ten years now. There is NOTHING to relieve it. So I've heard.

I know MANY women who go thru it and tried EVERYTHING for it. NOTHING helps.

ONE WOMAN:  Had uterus removed and had/has have to go back to Doctor because of more problems stemming from that surgery! But says her hot flashes had subsided. BUT if you're familiar with hot flashes... some months, years... are better than others!!

ANOTHER WOMAN: Had uterus removed and hot flashes are worse than ever!  

So.... would I take a gamble and have this procedure done???  HELL NOOO!!!

I know MANY woman who buy these over-the counter relief from menopause products. They DON'T work. I know MANY woman who have a prescription... for hot flashes... and they STILL have hot flashes!
                                 

Just when we women reach that age where we get rid of the human narcissist in our lives... this fucker comes... that we can't get rid of!!!! My God!!!

So.. if you're buying those over-the-counter medications. Or have a prescription... for this monster.. I don't think it's working.

Being completely... medicine-free from this over the years.. I HAVE noticed... that some months are better than others... some years... have been better than others.

ONE YEAR:  For about six months. I could NOT sleep for more than a half-hour at night. Woke up SWEATING profusely...AND I was SO thirsty for a glass of milk... every half-hour.

ONE YEAR:  For about six months. I could tell when a hot flash was fixin' to come. I would get this sensation... if you've ever been on a roller coaster... that feeling where you're stomach drops.... when you're going doooownnnn... the roller coaster. Hot flash... seconds later... big time. I remember thinking... "oh thank-you motherfucker, for giving me the heads-up" Drinking lots of water. Preparing for the hell.

I remember another year, for several months. They didn't come as often... but DAMN... day or night... the SWEAT pouring off me.... every twelve hours or so. Happened several times at work... over the months. My boss at work, one time.... took me by the hand... super busy hour... "Oh my God... are you ok?" She looked SO concerned. I apologized... customers glaring at me... sweat POURING off me. I'm kinda laughing, so she (boss) starts laughing... saying "OMG, omg"... lol.

I remembered when THAT phase subsided. Thank God! Nowadays I get them three, four, maybe five  times a day... for now. Not too bad. And they are uncomfortable... but I have learned to 'go thru' them. Or maybe just 'surrendered' to this monster... and wait it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hold up?! I thought while you were going through "the change", your body did this, but once you stopped having your period you body stabilized. 10 YEARS OF HOT FLASHES AND OTHER SYMPTOMS?!!

    God hates women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three TODAY... 2 of them mild...the last one about 3 hours ago.. was OMG! Last about a minute and a half. I Hoooold on... omg, lol.

    ReplyDelete