Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Betta Splenden Part 1

About a year a half ago, got me a Betta Fish. Well, my Grandaughter did, and I'm taking care of him, in my home. I was reluctant to get him... we were in PetsMart... and... you know... Grandaughter... can't say no.

But anyways, so glad we got him. He's so much fun and it's super relaxing to play and take care of him. After being at work all day.. it's calming.

And since it's a child picking out a blue fish... she named him Blue. How cute. Here is some info on Blue.

            
He loves to eat ANYTHING. Off the top of my head, chicken, shrimp, bread, scrambled eggs...betta pellets, and betta flakes. He will eat, if I keep 'dropping' ... I use common sense between his food items, when to stop. This was a learning process.

I've put him in all kinds of aquariums and his favorite is a tall glass vase. He also likes his temporary (not quite) gallon glass vase, which he stays in for 24 hours during 100% water changes every few days. He hated the five gallon Hexagon plastic tank he stayed in.... seemed sluggish. Whereas, he seems more playful in the two and a-half gallon tank... more so in ... the tall glass vase.

He hates getting his picture taken. Close up. He jerks back and forth so fast in terror, so this is the only good picture I have of him. After two, three times of trying, I leave it alone.

                            Here's a picture of him in that tall glass vase he seems to love so much.
                      













                     


No comments:

Post a Comment